The Stingray 3-Person Tree Tent is our flagship model and the most popular Tree Tent we offer. It was featured in the Museum of Modern Art in New York and won multiple awards for its design and practicality. The Stingray is for anyone looking for the most magical, comfortable and unique camping experience. Designed for families and small groups and has enough space for 3 adults, or 2 adults and 2 children to sleep in absolute comfort. A great option for car camping with friends or family, or setting up a basecamp for a multiple day trip where you’re staying in the same location. First time tree campers will love it’s ease of set-up, storage capabilities, and overall space. Like all of our tree tents and hammocks, the Stingray packs down into a single bag, so it is easy and simple to pack and carry. While it’s not a lightweight tent (unlike the Flite or UNA), the Stingray also isn’t excessively heavy, so if you’re the type of camper that just likes a night in the woods from time to time, sat around the campfire with some beers, this is a perfect option. The Stingray is also a perfect option for canoe trips as it can be set up on the banks of river, lake and streams where you cannot find any flat ground. Looking for an ultra-hardcore Tree Tent, or running a campsite, retreat or AirBNB? Check out our Safari Stingray.
Capacity: 880lbs / 440kg
Unit Weight: 24.4lbs / 11.1kg
Packed Size: 25.5 x 11.8 x 11.8in / 65 x 30 x 30cm
Head Height: 4ft / 1.2m
Floor Area: 78sqft / 7.25sqm
Floor Dimensions: 13.5 x 13.5 13.5′ / 4.1 x 4.1 x 4.1m
Covered Porch Area: 130sqft / 12sqm
Rainfly Fabric: 70D Polyester, PU coated
Floor Fabric: 400D Nylon/Polyester composite, PU Coated
Insect Mesh: No-See-Um Insect Mesh
Ratchets & Straps: 3 x 35mm x 6m Straps; 3 x 2.5-Tonne Rated Ratchets
Poles: 2 x 8.5mm Anodized Aluminium Poles
Doors: 3 Doors
- The Stingray uses a unique 3-point anchoring system to create tension, giving you a taut fabric base to sleep on. The tent floor has the perfect amount of “give” to cushion and cradle your body, giving you the most comfortable night’s sleep you’ve ever had in a tent or hammock.
- The tent is built with 20+m of seatbelt webbing to reinforce the floor. This patented feature not only adds strength to the tent, but creates a separate sleeping bay for each person and prevents you both from rolling to the middle of the tent. The underfloor straps balance out any weight differences and prevent all occupants from rolling towards the middle of the tent or the heaviest person.
- Designed for 3 adults (and all their gear) or 2 adults and 2 children, the Stingray will hold 440kg / 880lbs. The base of the tent is rated for 2,500 hours of UV exposure.
- The Stingray comes with a built-in no-see-um insect mesh to protect you from insects and other creepy crawlies.
- The 5,000HH rainfly can be fully removed for fantastic views and summer breeze but when attached, completely encloses the tent and keeps you dry in even the heaviest downpours. The rainfly extends outwards from the tent giving you a large, dry area underneath the tent to store gear or act as covered living space.
- The tent is built with 3 x internal storage nets, perfect for holding small personal items and 3 x underfloor storage nets ideal for backpacks and other items.
- The large central hatch makes it easy to climb in and out of the tent.
- With only 3 ratchets and 2 poles, setting up the tent is straightforward and can be completed by a single person – though it’s always good to have a friend on hand to make things a little easier.
There are no reviews yet.