LIKE THE SAITARIS, THE SAIVO is well-suited to a wide array of adventures. It is the quintessential tent for those, such as climbers and ski mountaineers in isolated, high-mountain terrain, who will leave their base camp unattended for extended periods of time. At the same time, its strength and space to weight ratio also make it a superb choice for expedition use in demanding conditions (the Saivo is often used by teams going to the South Pole). Ski and paddle tourers, as well as desert travelers, have long appreciated the Saivo’s spacious interior and roomy vestibules, as well as its self-supporting structure and easy-to-pitch design. Of course, all these attributes also make the Saivo a great choice for less demanding trips, as well, whether that’s a weekend of car camping or a leisurely, week-long, base camp-oriented hiking vacation in the mountains.
Minimum Weight: 4.6 kg/10 lbs 2 oz
Packed Weight: 5.3 kg/11 lbs 11 oz
Outer tent fabric: Kerlon 1800
Poles (10 mm): 4 x 393 cm/ 4 x 154.7 in
Pegs: 24 Y-Peg
- Kerlon 1800 outer tent fabric and 10 mm poles make for an exceptionally strong and stable tent.
- All season construction: outer tent walls extend to he ground and mesh areas are backed with adjustable fabric panels.
- Dome construction with multiple pole crossing points provide outstanding snow-load handling capability.
- Plenty of room for three occupants and their gear.
- Linked but seperable inner and outer tent for simultaneous pitching.
- Self-supporting dome design requires only the vestibules to be pegged, and the innovative full sleeve plus sleeve and clip pole system make for quick, easy set up.
- Dual entrances and vestibules ensure that one door can always be situated out of the wind and provide flexible entry/exit and storage options.
- An optional footprint covers the entire area of the outer tent, including the vestibules. It connects directly to the tent, and can be left attached during pitching.
- The outer and inner tents can be used separately. Pitching the inner tent alone requires optional pole holderes