WHEN WE FIRST INTRODUCED THE KERON, it quickly became the standard tent for polar expeditions because of its superb durability and excellent wind stability, its roomy interior, and its simplicity. These same traits have made the tent a favorite of outdoor enthusiasts of every stamp. Certainly this includes the “professionals,” such as mountain guides, forest rangers, search and rescue teams, and military special operations units.
At the same time, the Keron 3 GT is also an excellent choice for families, hikers and “regular” users – anyone wanting a tent that is exceptionally sturdy yet relatively light in weight, that will work for any situation, and that will handle many years of use. Indeed, the Keron 3 GT is an admirable choice for any backcountry adventure, from demanding, extended winter expeditions, to long or short rambles in mountains and/or forests, to casual coastal jaunts, to relaxed overnight camping outings in your local recreation area.
And Keron 3 GT is a fine choice for dog mushers and cycle tourers because its extra large vestibule allows plenty of storage space for sled or bike equipment.
Minimum Weight: 4.1 kg/9 lbs
Packed Weight: 4.9 kg/10 lbs 13 oz
Outer tent fabric: Kerlon 1800
Poles (10 mm): 4 x 328 cm/ 4 x 129.1 in
Pegs: 22 Y-Peg
- Kerlon 1800 outer tent fabric and 10 mm poles make for an exceptionally strong and stable tent.
- All season construction: outer tent walls extend to he ground and mesh areas are backed with adjustable fabric panels.
- Tunnel construction offers maximum space to weight ratio and is the ideal choice for mobile journeys.
- Plenty of room for three occupants and their gear.
- Linked but seperable inner and outer tent for simultaneous pitching.
- Tunnel design requires only four pegs for pitching, and the simple, single opening continouse sleeve and pole tensioner system is quick to pitch and remarkably stable.
- Dual entrances and vestibules ensure that one door can always be situated out of the wind and provide flexible entry/exit and storage options.
- One standard and one extended vestibule afford even more gear storage and comfort.
- An optional footprint covers the entire area of the outer tent, including the vestibules. It connects directly to the tent, and can be left attached during pitching.
- The outer and inner tents can be used separately. Pitching the inner tent alone requires optional pole holderes
There are no reviews yet.