THE ANJAN 2 was designed specifically as a very light tent for mobile adventures in warmer and snow-free conditions. And while it is indeed very light, it also have unexpected strength. During development, we set up an Anjan in our wind machine (a converted snow making blower), and left it for 6 to 8 hours in very strong winds. The Anjan stood strong with no problem. We redesigned the Anjan models for 2017, replacing the dual opening pole sleeves and Lock-Tip poles with single opening sleeves and standard poles. To retain the excellent venting effect of having the outer stop short of coming all the way to the ground, we incorporated catenary patterning into the bottom of the outer tent walls, creating permanent gaps to allow full air flow. In addition to its venting effect, the new design is easier to pitch, especially in windy conditions. The Anjan 2’s inner tent has an all mesh door and a large, triangular mesh vent in the rear wall for constant air flow. In very warm conditions, you can fully roll up the rear wall of the outer tent. You can also completely roll away the Anjan 2’s vestibule. Given all of this, the Anjan 2 is perfect for 3 season backpacking trips and summer bicycle and paddle tours, and it is also well-suited for hunters on scouting trips or on early season, minimalist hunts. It is also ideal for warm weather comfort seekers who want to “size up” but still keep the weight very low: the Anjan 2 makes a deluxe solo tent!
Minimum Weight: 1.5 kg/3 lbs 5 oz
Packed Weight: 1.7 kg/3 lbs 12 oz
Outer tent fabric: Kerlon 1000
Poles (9 mm): 1 x 305, 1 x 260 cm; 1 x 120.1, 1 x 102.4 in
Pegs: 12 Y-Peg UL
- Kerlon 1000 outer tent fabric and 9mm poles make for a supremely lightweight tent that is still quite strong.
- 3 season design: ventilation is built into the construction, and the inner tent mesh areas have no backing fabric panels.
- Tunnel construction offers maximum space to weight ratio and is the ideal choice for mobile journeys.
- A good amount of room for two occupants and their gear.
- Linked but seperable inner and outer tent for simultaneous pitching.
- Tunnel design requires only four pegs for pitching, and the simple, single-opening, continuous sleeve and pole tensioner pole system is quick to pitch and remarkably stable.
- A single entrance and vestibule afford easy access and plenty of storage space, but keep the weight very low.
- An optional footprint covers only the inner tent area and not the vestibule. It connects directly to the tent, and can be left attached during pitching.
- The inner tent can be replaced with a Mesh Inner tent (sold separately; see accessories).
- The outer and inner tents can be used separately. Pitching the inner tent alone requires optional pole holderes
There are no reviews yet.