Made in Europe.
Inspired by Hilleberg’s exceptionally strong Staika, the Allak was designed to be a completely free standing, all season dome tent for those prioritizing lighter weight over absolute strength. During its two year development, the Allak became our testers’ tent of choice anytime they were uncertain about what kind of terrain or conditions they might experience on a trip. Its exceptionally compact footprint and free standing design are ideal for tough pitching conditions, such as rocky ground and sand, and it is easily light enough for mobile journeys, where you move your camp every day. At the same time, its three pole dome structure is strong enough for base camp use in all but the worst conditions. Since its introduction, paddlers favor it for its ability to be pitched nearly anywhere, while backpackers choose it for its roomy stability and wonderfully light weight. Mountaineers appreciate both the Allak’s free standing design and its roominess, as well as its ability to deal with snow loading. And taller adventurers find its length a welcome comfort.
“Allak” means “lake,” in Sami, the language of the people indigenous to northern Scandinavia.
- Kerlon 1200 outer tent fabric and 9mm poles make for a very lightweight yet supremely stable tent.
- All season construction: outer tent walls extend to the ground and mesh areas are backed with adjustable fabric panels.
- Dome construction with multiple pole crossing points provide outstanding snow-load handling capability.
- Plenty of room for two occupants and their gear.
- Linked but seperable inner and outer tent for simultaneous pitching.
- Fully free standing dome design requires no pegs for pitching, and the straightforward short sleeve and clip pole system make for quick, easy set up.
- Dual entrances and vestibules ensure that one door can always be situated out of the wind and provide flexible entry/exit and storage options.
- An optional footprint covers the entire area of the outer tent, including the vestibules. It connects directly to the tent, and can be left attached during pitching.
- The inner tent can be replaced with a Mesh Inner tent (sold separately; see accessories).
- The outer and inner tents can be used separately. Pitching the inner tent alone requires optional pole holders.